The JAXSPORTS Council Scholarship consists of a one-time gift of $2,500 to four student-athletes for use at any accredited University or Community College.
To be eligible to receive a JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence, the applicant must:
• Maintain a 3.0+ GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) from an accredited high school in Florida’s First Coast area.
• Participate in a junior varsity or varsity sport or its equivalent (dance, gymnastics, etc.)
• Participate in extra-curricular activities through church, school and the community
• Pledge to remain drug-free, alcohol-free and tobacco-free
• Exhibit exemplary behavior, thereby being a good role model for peers
• Attach 1 Letter of Reference
The following factors will be considered in selecting the scholarship recipients:
• Presentation of application packet – neatness and organization
• Scholastic record
• Athletic commitment – participation in varsity, intramural or youth league sport(s)
• Career goals of applicant
• Involvement in extracurricular activities
• Leadership qualities
• Good citizenship
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are available at area high school guidance departments or you can apply online below.
Application Deadline is Monday, November 13, 2017.
The JAXSPORTS Council Scholarship recipients will be selected by December 15, 2017.
The scholarship will be presented at the TaxSlayer Bowl on December 30, 2017. Recipients will receive (4) tickets to the 2017 TaxSlayer Bowl and will be recognized on-field during a quarter break.
For questions regarding the JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence please contact Kayla Vanderlaan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904.798.5998
This program is brought to you by Wells Fargo