JAXSPORTS CHARITIES AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
The JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence Scholarship presented by Wells Fargo consists of a one-time gift of $2,500 that is given out to four senior student-athletes for use at any accredited University or Community College.
To be eligible to receive a JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence, the applicant must:
• Be a senior in high school.
• Maintain a 3.0+ GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) from an accredited high school in Florida’s First Coast area.
• Participate in a junior varsity or varsity sport or its equivalent (dance, gymnastics, etc.)
• Participate in extra-curricular activities through church, school and the community
• Pledge to remain drug-free, alcohol-free and tobacco-free
• Exhibit exemplary behavior, thereby being a good role model for peers
• Attach 1 Letter of Reference
The following factors will be considered in selecting the scholarship recipients:
• Scholastic Record
• Community Service
• Sports Participation
• Involvement in Extracurricular Activities
• Leadership Qualities
• Short Answer Question & Essay
HOW TO APPLY
• Download a paper copy of the application here
• Apply online below
• Visit your high school guidance department for a paper copy
JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence Scholarship presented by Wells Fargo recipients will be selected by December 15, 2018.
The scholarship will be presented at the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl on December 31, 2018. Recipients will receive (4) tickets to the 2018 TaxSlayer Bowl and will be recognized on-field during a quarter break.
For questions regarding the JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence please contact Kayla Vanderlaan at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is brought to you by Wells Fargo